7 Reasons *Not* to Choose Our Small Group Retreat This Summer (Yes, You Read That Right):May 04, 2018
Was it just a coincidence that I (unknowingly) scheduled my teachers’ retreat at the same time that Wanderlust comes to Quebec? Maybe.
Or it might be the universe’s clever way of inviting me to share what I believe to be the differences between a yoga music festival and our small group intensive.
Unfortunately, you can’t attend both. That’s why I have included 7 reasons you may want to choose Wanderlust and forego our intimate intensive planned at the same time… and 7 reasons you may be better served by attending our intimate, sacred and nature-based retreat. The choice is always — of course — yours.
7 REASONS TO CHOOSE WANDERLUST
1. To be in a high-energy, action-oriented scene
2. It can be really fun way to spend the weekend with your yoga buddies
3. To practice with cool lighting, awesome playlists and see some impressive asana demos
4. For making connections
5. You get to try out different teachers and styles of yoga
6. You get to experience some really masterful, experienced teachers
7. It’s a shakti hit of uplifting, good vibes that can be energizing and inspiring.
I think of it as a yoga party where you get to hang out in really comfortable clothes.
7 REASONS TO CHOOSE OUR SMALL, FOCUSED, & SACRED RETREAT
1. Because you want a retreat that puts the focus on YOUR practice.
2. To be part of an intimate group, a sacred circle that allows for truly meaningful connection and ongoing support
3. To press the pause button on the regular usual speed of life because you recognize the importance of slowing down once a year for time dedicated only to practice. You know the impact it has on your teaching and the way you show up in all areas of your life.
4. Because it allows for a greater level of focus on the practices and wisdom teachings, without the external noise.
5. To prioritize space and time to be with yourself in a sweet and nurturing way.
6. To participate in a deliberate, well-rounded, and optimally balanced schedule of practices intentionally designed to support your process of expansion.
7. Because you know you’re ready, even craving, to steep yourself in yoga. You know the power of minimizing the outer distractions that can be a barrier to unfolding a profound, transformational experience. You’re going for lasting, deep-seated, expansive and joyful shift this time, not simply a quick, inspiring high. You want a sattva hit more than a shakti hit.
In the 25 years that I’ve been doing yoga, I’ve learned that there are times when BOTH are useful. So, yes, our retreat is at the same time as Wanderlust. But it’s not a problem or even a conflict, because they offer very different experiences. Isn’t it great that you get to choose?
If your inner wisdom is beckoning you to give yourself the time and space to allow the sweetness and power of your practice to unfold,
If you’re called to rediscover and reclaim your passion and inspiration for yoga without the distraction of crowds, happy hours, and dance parties,
If you know its time to infuse your teaching with your OWN true and authentic power,
Then you’ll feel right at home with the group coming together for this small, sacred, intensive, and transformational retreat.