October 13 - November 3
4 Sessions on Fridays 10:00 am- 11:15 am ET
with special guest Jody Williams, Buddhist teacher and Mindfulness expert
HD replays for 1 month following the last class.
You are enlivening my practice. I particularly love that the asanas are balanced with spirituality/philosophy - it's a precarious balance not many yoga teachers manage well.
- Ellen Endter
Teaching Distilled From 30+ Years of Practice
My brand-new livestream workshop series bring together alignment-based postural practice and applied yoga philosophy honed from more than 3 decades of study, teaching, and practice. If you’re a yoga practitioner or teacher seeking an integrated approach to asana that’s grounded in yogic wisdom, these classes are for you!
In each 4 week session, I’ll lead you through a curriculum of thoughtfully curated themes, postural sequences, breath practices, and meditations - all designed to empower you to embody principles of yogic living in your practice and daily life.
If you’re a yoga teacher, these classes will give you tons of inspiration and practical tools to share with your students!
- You'll enjoy HD quality streaming and high production quality - we're talking 3 live cameras!
- Classes begin with a concise and inspiring talk to anchor you in the wisdom teachings of the yoga tradition. I draw from sources such as the Upanishads, the Bhagavad Gita, the Yoga Sutras, as well as the Hatha Yoga, Tantric, and Buddhist traditions to share themes of yogic life that really speak to you.
- In the postural practice, you can expect nuanced, precise, and inclusive instructions and clear demonstrations, with plenty of prop options and variations to safely adapt the poses to make them work for you.
- Every class is unique and creatively sequenced to explore our theme through embodied practice as well as occasional breathwork and meditation. You’ll never experience the same class twice!
- Following the livestream, you'll receive unlimited, on-demand access to the classes for one month following the last class in each series.
Enjoy HD live-streaming and 3 live camera angles!
Discover the Depth and Delight
Yoga for Turbulent Times is a new series I created to help you discover the depth and delight of what your yoga practice can be: not just a workout or temporary stress relief, but a way toward lasting fulfillment, inner peace, and self-reliance.
What if you could…
- Have a reliable way to make sense of the world and process the painful things life throws at you so you can move forward, toward becoming who you really wish to be?
- Learn to recognize harmful patterns in your life and make sustainable changes toward healing, wholeness, and living in alignment with your values?
- Feel a genuine sense of belonging and connection to something bigger than yourself?
- Really believe that you are enough, just as you are?
- Know that you have the inner resources to deal with any situation that arises?
- Savor life and embrace the present moment with less drama and more contentment?
The true gifts of yoga are so much more than just stretching and breathing an hour at a time. Yoga offers a way to live with presence, purpose, and contentment.
This class was brilliant. I was able to do the pose deeper and with more awareness than I have for many years. Loved it. Thank you!!
- Alison Colyer
Learning from Barrie has 100% transformed my personal practice and teaching in the best possible way. And all my students get to benefit from it.
- Lauren Enright
I want to thank you again for your amazing, supportive, and inspiring weekly classes. They have become the cornerstone of my asana practice and I am always learning so much. And then I can bring out some pearls to the classes I teach.
- Gaile Jurewicz
I’ve been teaching yoga full time for over 24 years and training yoga teachers for 16 years. My book Evolving Your Yoga: Ten Principles for Enlightened Practice is a guide for practitioners to deepen, expand, and integrate the benefits of yoga in their lives.
Since 2015, I’ve offered online yoga classes, teacher mentoring programs, trainings, courses, and workshops to thousands of students on five continents!
My alignment-oriented approach to yoga is grounded in principles of healthy, functional movement and infused with traditional yogic wisdom made accessible and relevant to your daily life.
My work has been featured in Yoga Journal, Yoga International, and on CBC Television.
I’m known for precise, easy-to-follow instructions that give you time to breathe and feel, and for conveying the wisdom teachings of yoga with exceptional clarity to people from all walks of life.
I offer prop variations and alternatives throughout the class to help you make every posture work for you as well as nuanced refinements to take your practice deeper.
It would be an honor to support you in your practice!