If you, like me, are MORE than ready to get back on your mat for real, here are my do's and don'ts for starting again, something I've gotten really good at over the years:
1. Welcome yourself even MORE unconditionally than usual.
2. Begin with something you love that feels GREAT in your body and go from there (for me this usually means lying on my back, knees up and hugged in).
3. Be generous with yourself. Keep it slow and sweet for as long as you want.
4. Allow more space than usual for rest, breath, and simply feeling.
5. Practicing in pajamas is totally okay.
6. No mirrors allowed.
7. Be more mindful than usual of how you feel afterward.
8. No trying to get better at anything.
9. No expectations. Whatever you do is ENOUGH.
10. Consciously thank yourself for showing up no matter what your practice looked like.
Our free, online bonus content is designed to complement and enrich your experience of Evolving Your Yoga. Resources like video pose tutorials, downloadable journaling prompts, breathwork, guided visualizations, and more will support your exploration of each of the Ten Principles for Enlightened Practice.