After a few (or more) days away from your personal practice, it can be hard to resist the pull toward inertia. Here are some ideas to get the momentum going again:
- Stand on your mat, take 5 deep breaths and practice your 5 favorite poses. Take it from there.
- Sit for 5 minutes (or more) of meditation and then start to move without thinking too much.
- Lie down on your back and move for a few minutes in whatever way feels good, doesn’t have to be asana. See what happens next.
- Practice Surya Namaskar (Sun Salutations) in whatever variations you wish. Go from there.
- Set a repeat timer for 1-minute intervals and commit to doing 5 standing poses 2 times each.
What other ways you have found to get yourself going?