Here is my favorite way to spend 15 minutes when I need to restore the connection to myself.
- 2 chairs
- 3-4 blankets or 2 blankets and 1 bolster
- Optional extra mat or blanket
Salamba Sarvangasana (Supported Shoulderstand) with a chair
- Sit with your knees over the back of the chair
- Holding the seat of the chair for stability, slowly lower yourself down until your shoulders are on the blankets and your head is on the floor.
- Rest your sacrum near the edge of the chair seat.
- Adjust the height of your blankets so that your shoulders are supported and your sacrum is stable on the chair.
- Place your arms through the inside of the chair legs and hold the back legs of the chair.
- Gently roll your shoulders underneath you.
- As you hold the pose, broaden the collarbones, and soften the chest, throat and neck.
- Let your breath release in the lower belly.
- Stay for 5-10 minutes, alternating your legs position between resting on the back of the chair and vertical.
- To come out, hold the chair legs, lift your hips and swing your legs overhead onto the second chair:
Ardha Halasana (Half Plough pose) with a chair
- Thread the feet through the chair back and rest the thighs on the bolster/blankets.
- Release the arms overhead.
- Stay for 5 minutes. Relax your shoulders and neck and back.
- Roll down and relax with your back on the floor.